Friday, December 26, 2008

Hit The Sale at the Shabby Sheep Today

I had a blast at the Shabby Sheep sale today. So many times I go in with no plan. I'm unclear what I need, so I don't know what I want and I'm left unfulfilled with my purchases. The yarn stales in my stash for an undetermined amount of time. Not this year.

Thanks to Ravelry I went in with a plan and a shopping list. When news of the sale hit I went to my queue and started to make a list of what I needed for upcoming projects.

First up, a scarf for Madonna. Lace yarn in red, around 400 yds - check. Claudia's Handpainted silk in Rubies Playing. Fun for me to knit and fabulous for Madonna to wear. And at 1,100 yds, this is good for a couple of projects. It was pricey for me even on sale, but oh so yummy.
175yds of sport weight for Liza's neck thing - check. I got a skein of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in brown. It's actually worsted weight, but it is going to be great.Yarn for baby socks in Texas - check. Panda Soy Sock in Poppy Red to match the onesies I got at the mall. I was going to use this Mountain Colors I got at the SOW Sock Yarn gift exchange, but mohair in TX is overkill. In fact, most of these babies will be born in the summer so it is really out of the question.But it is pretty. Now I'm not sure what I'll do with it but it will come to me. Perhaps mittens.

Speaking of mittens, I've cued a ton of fair isle, I took advantage of today's sale to pick up some funky colors in the Louet Gems sock yarn. This will go with the charcoal I already have and make a nice pair of mittens or a scarf or a cowl. Or maybe more than one of the above.
Now the Malabrigo Sock was pure indulgence. It came from the Knitting Nook a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what it want's to be, but it is so soft, how can I not have a skein aging beautifully in my stash.I'm still on a sock hiatus so this may end of being a scarf or a cowl. I'm on a cowl kick. Not that I've knit a bunch, but they are queued.

1 comment:

bookgrump said...

What wonderful goodies you bought! I'm so bummed that I missed all of the good after Christmas sales in Texas. Oh well... I'll just have to drool over your new stuff!

Hopefully, I'll be back in time for knit night. We'll see...