Thursday, November 20, 2008

Knitting Workshop

I was on vacation the week of the November 10th. Purely by accident I was off the same week the Arlington guild hosted a knitting workshop with Maureen Mason-Jamieson. I was lucky enough to score a spot in the workshop.


We learned about taming collars, the Joy of Steeking and on the second day we knit a purse using mitered squares and slip-stitches.


I was unsure of what to expect because this was my first workshop, but I did my homework as instructed. As a result, I leared a ton, a TON, in the class. And I met some really nice people.


The collar class was really good. We learned how to make the collar roll the way we want it too. And the purse is cute and I love the slip-stitch pattern Maureen shared, but my favorite was the steeking class.


Steeking is a very scary thing and Maureen took out all the fear. The steek is to be respected if you don't want to demolish a year's knitting, but it can also be magical. Actually, I can't wait to give it a try.

No comments: