Sunday, July 08, 2007



I finished four more blocks for the Rebuilding Greensburg Block by Block project! Great news for the project awesome news for me as I destashed more yarn. The pink varigated got over-dyed with blue and created the center section for the square next to it. Doesn't even look like the same stuff. I dyed cream colored yarn to make the blue and green varigated. There are four colors of Kool-aid in the color way. I used the brown to separate the two "dyelots". In person, if you look to close, you can tell they were not dyed the same. The block in the upper left hand corner reminds me of valentine chocolates. The kind with the strawberry filling.

Mad Weave update. I turned the heels. Had to do some pattern whispering, but got it figured out. I picked up the stitches of one gusset and was really working to get everything on track when...my Knitpick needle and cable...disconnected. I was not, am not, a happy girl. I got holes, dropped stitches and I have to knit on 8" long double points. And now the cable won't go all the way back in. And even if it does, do I trust it to do the job going forward? I was giving it a pretty good tug to get the stitches moved around, but I sure wasn't thinking I was pulling hard enough to make it come apart.

I love magic loop, but I guess there might be times when double points are better. I'm also starting the think the short row heel is a winner. There are no gusset stitches to pick up with the short row heel. And fortunately for me they fit just fine.

I guess that's all I've got for now. Time to go face the heel gusset and see how different things look in the light of day. Also probably need to send an email to KP and figure out how to handle the disconnected needle.

No comments: