Monday, July 02, 2007

A Little Vacation Dyeing and Knitting

I'm on vacation for a couple of days and trying to get caught up on my rest. So I've actually gotten some knitting done and will have pics of finished objects soon. I stash busted my pink kool-aid dyed yarn by making a block for Greensburg. Picture of the finished object coming soon.

A little tired of the salmon pink, I decided that while I was dyeing the 30 grams of cream, I would over dye the pink with blue to make purple.

Here's a before and after picture. This picture is not the best. I was expecting a purple skein, what I got was a blue skein with some purple. I didn't realize how much of the pink skein was actually more undyed then dyed. I'm really pleased with the color though.

It coordinates pretty well with the yarn I have on hand to make a block another block for Greensburb.


As I mentioned I started out to dye some cream remnants since I'm down to my neutral stash. This is a colorway I'd played with before. The colors came out much brighter this time, but that's ok. The skeins will add zip to the blocks.

I considered overdyeing the tan, but the tests just didn't work so it will stay it's current color.

My knitting 15 minutes a day goal is really paying off. I have two more blocks finished for Greensburg. That's 4 total and the yarn pictured above is enough for two more blocks. My goal was 3 more blocks and I think I will get four.

I finished the heel flap on the Mad Weave socks. I'll be turning the heels the next time I sit down with the time to think about it. Probably tomorrow, but maybe tonight. I'm really making progress.

Once the blocks are done my 15-minutes-a-day knitting time will focus on hats. Or maybe golf club covers. Something I can pick up and put down easily.

Found out I'm not going to MN the week of July 9. Sorry to miss out on the knitting time, but happy not to have to be away from home.

It's raining and I feel a nap coming on. You gotta love a vacation day.

No comments: