Sunday, April 15, 2007

We Bought the Flooring

Marshall and I were able to decide on a flooring. I got real wood and he got rustic and it's in our budget. We still haven't found anyone to put it down for us. We've considered doing it ourselves. However, we figured we are going to live here a long time so we should make sure we love it. And if we mess it up, who do we call to come fix it? This is the kind you either glue down or it's nailed down. Not really the kind of project you want to cut your teeth on.

Our neighbor across the street owns a construction company and he has a "flooring guy." He's going to have him give us an estimate. Here's hoping we're still friends after the transaction. Whatever extent that may be.

Right now the living room is littered with wood "getting acclimated." 40 boxes of wood flooring. If things were bad last week with bare concrete, it's really bad now with a jungle laying on the floor. I'll post a picture later. It's too dark right now.

I need to keep things in perspective. Compared to two months in the Budget Suites this is a walk in the park (or forest.) It can't go on forever. And I do feel better now that we have the flooring purchased. That was a big hurdle.

I was a big crank yesterday. I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to stay home, I didn't want to go shopping. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I didn't want to stay in bed. The list of things I didn't want to do just went on and on.

But I needed some black capris, no I really had to have them for a work thing. So I had to go shopping. Something that should have made the day even better was a $100 gift card from Nordstroms. And...a Nordstrom's Rack. After I went to the big store and bought the pants I had to have, I went to "the Rack" and spent the balance of the card. I bought a pair of black capris, some pajama bottoms and a pair of black sandals for $101.61. This should have made me feel good, but I didn't want to be happy.

I'm happy with my purchases today though. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty cute at work tomorrow. I'm really glad yesterday is over.

Work has blown pretty bad for the last couple of weeks, but I found out Thursday that I was promoted to director. Pretty exciting news. Not that that solves any of the crap, but like the floors and Budget Suites, it can't go on forever. And it kind of makes it worth it to know you are appreciated.

Yeah, I'm feeling much better today. PTL.

No comments: