Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's Been a Busy Day

Mostly it was busy because we were ripping up carpet so we can put down wood floors, but that story is for another day.

it's snowing 002

First, it's the day before Easter and it was snowing this morning in TX. It's kind of hard to tell, but it's there.

It's snowing 001

Those white streaks are flakes.

boys clogs

Next, I felted the boys clogs (finally because it got cold again and we have exposed concrete in the living room and hall.) I really like how the colors turned out. We were so busy I didn't do a lot of checking and D's (the green pair) for whatever reason felted more than J's. The same yarn, the same size, the same wash cycle. Just different colors.

It wasn't until I pulled them out of the wash that I realized I dropped stitch on the cuff of the blue clogs. So there is an interesting vented design element on the right blue clog. I'm not sure what I will do to fix it or even if I will worry about it.

baby girl in bed

Here's Baby Girl in the cat's bed. I think they've decided she can have it.

beads for shawl

I got a bargin on these beads at a Hancock Fabric store that's going out of business. There are three different selections here. On the left is what I would call silver lined root beer. On the right is a silver lined medium topaz. The middle box is a mix of the root beer, black and light topaz.

I have two tubes of beads that sort of go. Most of them are matte, pearle or iridiscent. I have seven boxes of the boxed beads and only two tubes of the others. But I can always add to the matte collection when Hobby Lobby has a sale. This is all to go on my linen beaded scarf. I'm very excited.

No comments: