Sunday, December 25, 2005

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Since I won't get to see my sister until mid to late January, here are her Christmas yarns. We did at least wait until Christmas day to tell each other what we got.

This is a squiggle yarn. It reads cool on my screen, but trust me it is red hot.


This is a colorful self-striping yarn with a black fur stripe everyonce in a while. The name on the label is Schulana Incanto.

This is a recycled sari silk yarn. Lots of rich color.

Oooh, this is chinchilla. It's made by Peluche and it is lovely. Looks like a fur when you knit it up. I can't wait to see what my sister does with this.

The next picture was a dyeing experiment we did at knitting last week.

The light green color is knitpicks dye your own fingering weight wool. The dark green is the superwash wool sock yarn base color fawn. The two yarns were put in the same cup of lemon-lime kool-aid for the same amount of time. It was test to see how the base color affected the dyed color. I like the deep richness of over dyeing the fawn color.

I'm off this week and dyeing the fawn sock yarn is definitely on the project list. Since my stripe pattern requires a rather long skein, I'm glad it will be nice outside. There isn't enough space in the house for a 40ft skein. I forgot to take pictures of the entire process last time. I'll remember this time.

In a final bit of good news, the second pink sock is moving at lightning speed. Yesterday I created the heel flap, turned the heel and started the gusset shaping. I'm really thinking it could be done in a week or so. DH got me a green shirt for Christmas that matches the green stripe in the sock. I can't wait to wear them.
Merry Christmas

No comments: