Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sock Blank Hat Update

This picture is lighter than the actual blank, but it shows how the yarn is knitting up. I really like it. No distinguishable patterning at all. Perfect.

The bad news is, I misread my gauge and increased to too many stitches. The hat fit a 4-year-old. Isn't that the story of my life. So I frogged back to the increases when I was half an inch from finishing and started over.

The good news is, we were at the bowling alley last night for a family gathering and I made serious progress. I wasn't interested in bowling so I knit and knit. I'm about an inch short of finishing now.

I cut back at least 10 stitches probably 20. The hat is tiny, but about the right size.

I still have a nice piece of the blue blank left. Any yarn I unraveled but didn't knit will get knit back on the blank. Then I'm going to add green spots and make another teeny baby hat. Greg and his wife are having a boy sometime this year and I will gift it to them.

I really like how this turned. Thank again Sis for the sock blanks. This is definitely the way to dye yarn.

No comments: