Saturday, April 05, 2008

DFW Fiber Fest and Wollmeise

Joy and I hit the DFW Fiber Fest today. What a kick. You meet lots of new people traveling with Joy, she knows everyone.

We didn't buy them out, but I got a couple of really fun things.

Check out this great pink sock yarn for Fiber Lady. Each skein is 200yds and it's a wool/bamboo/nylon mix. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I love the semi-solid coloring.

Next I visited Brooks Farm Yarns. My fabulous vine lace shawl is made from two skeins of the brown and black acero. I knew I wanted at least one more skein. I was thinking red, but then this green started talking to me. I'm not sure if it's going to be socks or a skinny clapotis, but I had to bring it home.

We saw lots of other great yarns, but I set a limit and tried to stick with it. Lonestar Arts has some nice offerings and I will visit her on Etsy. And Jojoland has some amazing stuff. And of course, Madeline Tosh has fantastic color combinations.

It's not as if I don't already have enough yarn. A couple of weeks ago our Wollmeise order arrived and I am now the proud owner of 2 skeins of Wollmeise 80/20 twin, one in the coveted Spice Market and the other in Birkenrinde.

Because of presschecks on Friday I made a lot of progress (finally) on the Caribbean colorway simple rib socks. These things are dragging on. I did the afterthought heel which was fun to learn. Picking up the stitches is a bit of a pain, but I love just decreasing like a toe.

I need to go knit. I have to play with some of this new yarn.

2 comments:

Bea said...

pretty pretty yarn. I missed the fiber fest. We were supposed to go to Addison for dinner early enough to go on Saturday but we got side tracked doing something else!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.