Thursday, March 20, 2008

Four - Count Them Four - Projects on the Needles

I have an unprecedented 4 projects on the needles.
The Wollmeise Pomatomus - which are on the needles but currently hibernating.

The Brighton bag from Knitty that isn't far enough along to photograph.


My Caribbean colorway socks. These are my February SKA offering. I'm trying out a new heel, the afterthought heel. I have to be honest, this scares the crap out of me. Right now I have a gaping hole in one of my socks where the heel will go. I released the stitches and got them picked up at knit night. I think next time I'll do it at home. It's a tad nerve-racking and I wasn't very good company, but I was thankful to have Jeri there to save me a couple of times.


Finally, I have a "green" shopping bag I've decided to give Adrianne. I'm gifting it to Adrianne for a couple of reasons, she'll appreciate it, she gave me the yarn, and she knit the bottom of it. She started a Mason-Dixon kimono for her niece, but got sidetracked and the niece grew. Adrianne got frustrated and gifted me several skeins of brightly colored cotton. I frogged the sweater back until I picked up the required 116 stitches and started knitting. It's a great 5-minute-a-day knitting project. Can't wait to give it to her.
Gratuitous pictures of the dogs.

Baby Girl loves - loves - her ball. If you'll throw it, she chase it for hours.
NiƱa is a challenge to photograph. She is so black, most of the time you can't even see her eyes. This picture allows you to see her sweet, sweet face. She weighs whopping 6lbs, but she thinks she can run with the big dogs.






4 comments:

Bea said...

Your projects all look good. I love the doggy shots! Ozzy is black too and its so hard to get a good shot!

spinnity said...

But... what about Zombie socks? I found your blog from the Sock Madness site. Hoping to see you finish a pair and join us in Round 2!

Lynn said...

SKA. I'm in that. How could I forget?

Ronni said...

As a fellow Baylor Ball Band, I just wanted to stop by and cheer you on if you're madly knitting Sock Madness Zombies. Go! Knit! Go!

I love your dog pictures. After her first day with us, I've never been able to get mine to stop moving long enough to get a normal picture.