Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just Enough Ruffles

January is progressing nicely. I finished the Just Enough Ruffles scarf.

It turned out great. Luckily I finished it while it was still cold so I wore it to work. Lots of people complimented me on it. They liked the ruffle. I didn't realize that would be so popular. Of course, the hot pink color is also a winner.

I finished the scarf pretty quickly, but not without a cost. MOM's Orchid Emperor is no where near finished and the gifting time passed. Now I'm shooting for her birthday in March or worst case Mother's Day in May.

I'm most of the way through the 3rd of 10 repeats for the ends. Then I'll fill in the middle. So far to go. I'm tempted to only do 3 repeats of the end pattern then fill in the middle. There are a number of reasons for that.
  1. I'm not enjoying the first pattern all that much. I'm hoping the second will be better.
  2. I want one pattern take up a majority of the piece and the other to be the border. Right now it feels like the two patterns are half and half. Although pattern 1 is split so that it's on each end, I just feel like it might take up too much of the piece.
I guess I'll check out Ravelry and see what others have done.

No comments: