Monday, February 18, 2008

Vine Lace Shawl is Done

Done. Complete. Blocked. Ends woven in and everything.



I could wear it tomorrow if I wanted and I just might. I'm very happy with it and the Acero yarn is wonderful to work with. It blocked beautifully. I would definitely use it again.


The finished dimensions are 17" x 85." I was actually hoping it would be a tad wider, but it will be OK. The length is good. I didn't want it to get too long so I was on the cautious side about when to stop. I did the lace pattern all one direction, no provisional cast on kitchner for me. Both the cast on and cast off edges have a similar scallop.

I used ~580 yards of yarn. I have 2 partials skeins totalling 260 yards. I don't think that's enough for a pair of socks. Not sure what I will do with it, but I know I would love to knit it. Maybe I can find something that will work for toes and heels.

2 comments:

Aisling said...

Oh those pictures don't do it justice. So gorgeous. I wanted to take it home, seriously.

Edie said...

Oh it's beautiful! I hope I'll get to see it in person sometime!