Thursday, March 30, 2006

Finished Objects


I guess I didn't blog much in the months of February and March. We had lots going on and I got a lot of knitting done. Some knitting I did on a cruise.

This is me on the deck of the Elation working on my kool-aid dyed "Autumn Flashes" socks. They are finished now and I need to get pictures of the finished object.
Here are the socks at 20 knots. I worked them both at the same time. I like having a pair when I'm done. Less chance of second sock syndrome.

Here's the Knitty Branching Out scarf branching out to Progresso Mexico.
I travelled 3 times in two weeks after we got back from the cruise. The socks and my Knitty Branching Out scarf went with me.

Here's the scarf on the AA 777 coming back from Chicago. I got to watch TV and knit uninterrupted for over 2 hours. The scarf also travelled to Midland TX and Cleveland OH. It is now finished and I need to take a picture of it blocked.

I finished one pair of Fiber Trends felted clogs (husband's grandmother) and I've made progress on a second pair (mother-in-law). Pictures needed.

Last night I finished chart 3 of the peacock shawl for my Mom. That's 2 days ahead of schedule. My goal is to do a chart a month. Not too big a task, but progress just the same. At this rate I should finish about August, but its the journey right? This has been a journey. I'm learning not to panic, to read my knitting and how to fix my problems. It isn't perfect, but it will be beautiful. I feel like pictures of the shawl now would only disappoint. Lace is kind of ugly when it's born.
I definitely owe more pictures, maybe this weekend. But I've been concentrating on my knitting and that paid off with 3 finished objects in March.

I'll be travelling again at the beginning of next week. I'm off to Orlando. Socks make such a great travelling companion so I'm going to start these lace socks. http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/hollyssocks.pdf with some navy Regia yarn I bought on sale. It's solid with small dashes of color so I'm thinking it will allow the pattern to show through. I may also take the peacock with me for the evenings in the hotel room. Long, quiet periods of knitting, just what the lace ordered.

No comments: